Revealed in a 2018 research by Forbes Insights, organizations that succeed at achieving great agility, the rewards are plentiful, including faster time to market (60%), faster innovation (59%), improved employee morale (57%), and improved financial results (55%). Agility has transformed from a software development methodology into a highly valuable management strategy across business domain recently.
Business Agility is the ability of an organisation to:
- Adapt quickly to market changes - internally and externally -
- Respond rapidly and flexibly to customer demands
- Adapt and lead change in a productive and cost-effective way without compromising quality
- Continuously be at a competitive advantage
- embraces the Agile philosophy and values at its core, from it’s people and culture, to its structure and technology, consequently an Agile Business is customer centric.
- respond quickly and effectively to opportunities and threats found in its internal and external environments (be they commercial, legal, technological, social, moral or political)
Source: Agile Business Consortium